What: Hangawi restaurant
Cuisine: Vegetarian Korean
Where: 12E 32nd Street (between 5th and Madison Ave) New York, NY 10016
Tel: 212 213 0077/212 213 6068
Try: combination pancakes (leek, kimchi mushroom & kabocha pumpkin with mung beans), tofu stone bowl rice with sesame leaves, organic tofu steak
This is the best of both worlds- when you are craving pizza and Indian at the same time, try this. It is one of the best Indian fusion dishes I’ve tried!
recipe courtesy: manjula’s kitchen
For Paratha Dough
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (maida or plain flour)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp yeast
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/3 cup lukewarm water (use as needed)
- 1-1/2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 tsp dry basil
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano
- 1/2 cup bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (finely chopped, adjust to taste)
- 1-1/4 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (maida or plain flour for rolling the paratha)
- 2 Tbsp of oil (to cook parathas)
This is the tastiest mac and cheese I’ve ever had- thanks to this recipe in Laura in the kitchen, which my loving husband recently gifted to me. I had him mark the pages of the recipes he wanted me to try and this was among them. I will definitely be making this regularly! It came out delicious.
1/2 pound pasta of your choice
2 1/2 cups chopped broccoli florets
6 tablespoons unsalted butter (I used half of this amount)
1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 cups whole milk ( I used skim)
1 tablespoon dry mustard ( I used dijon)
2 cups shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiana-Reggiano plus more for topping
1/4 cup fresh or dried plain bread crumbs ( I used Italian)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Butter an 8×12 inch baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and broccoli. Cook until the pasta is al dente. Drain the pasta and broccoli and return to the pot.
- Add butter to saucepan over medium low heat and once it melts, add the flour. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute to cook off the flour taste. Pour in the milk in a slow stream while whisking constantly. Cook and keep stirring until it has a cream consistency- 4 to 5 minutes. Add the mustard and cheddar, stirring in a figure eight motion, until most of the cheese has melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the sauce and half cup of the parmigiana to the pasta. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking pan.
- Either top with bread crumbs as it is, or mix with some melted butter and scatter on top of the pasta. I did not add melted butter and didn’t miss it. Add some grated cheese over the top.
- Bake until the sauce is bubbly and the top is golden brown and crispy, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool for 20 minutes (if you can) before serving.