I will admit that I have a youtube beauty video related addiction. So the other night I decided I would get out of my beauty youtube video watching, and look for some good food channels. I was honestly feeling quite bored of watching youtubers review and demo the same beauty products that everyone else is doing videos on- it just gets a little mundane after a while. I usually love to watch them, but I was just in the mood for something different. I found some great food channels, including street foods of India, which was so fascinating to watch. I also came across a channel called Laura in the kitchen and I literally binge watched her videos for over an hour. She knows what she is doing, explains everything really well and is fun to watch!
When I came across this cheesy garlic bread video, I knew I had to make it the next day. That is exactly what we did and I have to say, this is the best garlic bread. Ever. It will spoil you for life. You will not want for any other garlic bread. The next time we make this, I will ask my husband to make his famous Spaghetti aglio e olio- they are a match made in heaven.
recipe courtesy laura in the kitchen:
1 Loaf of Ciabatta Bread or any kind of Italian bread
6 Cloves of Garlic
¼ cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tbsp of Fresh Parsley
1 Cup of Shredded Mozzarella
Freshly Grated Parmiggiano Reggiano
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
2) In a small food processor or in a blender, add the garlic, oil and parsley and puree until smooth.
3) Smear this mixture on both sides of the bread. Place the top of the bread on top of the bottom and wrap it in aluminum foil, bake it for 10 minutes.
4) Unwrap the bread and lay making sure it cut side up, sprinkle over the mozzarella and grate about 1 cup of parmiggiano all over both sides of the bread. Return to the oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown and bubbly.
5) Slice and serve right away!