- Tamasha- Despite having read not so stellar reviews, we decided to go see this Bollywood film. I am not a huge Deepika fan, but have to admit that she has come such a long way with her acting skills. This movie proves it. Both she and Ranbir Kapoor have powerful roles that do the film justice. The story line of this film- which is centered around loss of identity in an attempt to live according to societal conventions- is nothing like your ordinary romantic Bollywood romance- even the songs are well placed and make sense in the context of the film. One such song has been on repeat on my Ipod for the past several weeks. Well done AR Rahman. This movie definitely left me thinking about all the “shoulds” we all face.
2. Black Opium- I have found my new favorite winter signature scent. I love how warm and at the same time sweet this smells. Here are the notes: Mandarin, pink pepper, pear, orange blossom, jasmine, coffee, patchouli, cedarwood, and vanilla. This is a confident scent, great for work, or after work fun- all you need is this and a pair of high heels- hello date night:) I love how different it is from anything else I currently own.
3. Nutri Bullet- Though this isn’t a new item in our home, I have recently been using it every day again. It makes breakfast fuss free and portable. I like to make my smoothies using greek yogurt,almond milk, kale, berries, and sometimes half a banana to make it creamier.
4. All the stars in the heavens- I am only about 50 pages in but cannot put this book down. Trigiani’s writes with amazing visual imagery which I love. My favorite read of hers is still the first one I read of hers, The shoemaker’s wife.
5. Lush BB Seaweed- Loving this mask! Works really well for sensitive skin. It has aloe vera, fresh rose petals, and ground almonds in addition to seaweed. I think this is by far my favorite mask by Lush. I like to use this twice a week.
6. Indian for everyone- In an attempt to do more clean eating, I find myself going back to the recipes in this book more and more. You can see some of my faves here. Indian food is comforting, healthy and makes me happy.
7. myfitness pal- This is not a new app to me, but I am back on it. Though it’s not always fun to count calories, it definitely keeps me in check so that I am aware of exactly how much I am taking in. My favorite part is that it also keeps track of my steps and I can log daily exercise. I feel motivated to keep going and monitoring progress is so simple. I also love that I have my sister as a partner in crime with me on this food/ health journey.
9 orange is the new black– My husband and I are totally hooked to this show. We have been watching at least an episode every day and can’t stop talking about it afterwards. All the actors are phenomenal, the issues are very real, and the story line has been unfolding in such a suspenseful way that it’s addictive! I am definitely a Modern Family kinda girl, but I do love me some drama.
10 bath and body works sleep body cream- This has been my go to post shower body cream. I love the subtle scent, easy to use tube packaging, and the non great hydration it provides. I am a huge fan of bath and body works body creams. I also like to use it as a hand cream right before I go to bed.
13. SK-II facial treatment essence– I received a sample of this as part of an Asian skincare set Sephora offered a few months ago. I went through the entire sample size and was very pleased. I plan to use this for a few more weeks before doing a full review. It makes my skin baby soft but I am curious to see if it will help with hyperpigmentation and post acne marks.
14. OPI gel manicure in black cherry chutney– I am loving this color for the winter especially because it goes with everything. I know gel manis aren’t the best for nails, but I really enjoy not having to do my nails every week.