These granola bars have that sweet and salty thing going that is so addictive! You can have these without feeling too bad- they’re not horrible for you:) They are the perfect mid morning snack, pre or post- workout pick me up, or even when you have that late night sweet and salty craving!
I was pleasantly surprised by how easy these are to make, how satisfying they are, and you don’t need to bake these. The hardest part is waiting for them to set in the refrigerator:) It requires some patience though, because if you don’t give them enough time, they will break when you try to cut them. I may have learned this the hard way.
- 1¾ cups old-fashioned oats
- 1⅓ cup chopped almonds
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- ⅔ cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ to ¾ teaspoon kosher flake salt
- 1 cup creamy unsalted almond butter or peanut butter
- ½ cup honey
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Line an 8 to 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, cut to size. Place the oats and nuts on a baking sheet and roast at 350 degrees for 10 min. Combine with chocolate chips, cinnamon and salt when cooled.
- In a 2-cup liquid measuring cup, measure out the nut butter. Top with ½ cup honey and the vanilla extract. Whisk until well blended.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients. Use a big spoon to mix them together until the two are evenly combined and no dry oats remain.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared square baking pan. Use your spoon or fingertips to arrange the mixture fairly evenly in the baker.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour, or overnight. Use a sharp knife to slice the bars.