Why get greasy takeout when you can make your very own veggie lomein? There’s a Chinese food place near where my parents live and they have the BEST veggie lomein ever. This is my attempt to recreate it. It’s a lighter version and does the trick when I’m craving Chinese!
You can modify this with preferred veggies- next time I would add baby corn. This took about 15 minutes to make from start to finish. You can prepare the veggies and sauce while the noodles boil!
recipe adapted from damn delicious
- 1/2 lb spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 1/2 green pepper, julienned
- 1 cup broccoli florets
please note that you can add more or less of any of these to taste!
- 2-4 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, ginger and Sriracha; set aside.
- Boil spaghetti as directed by package and drain well.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add garlic, mushrooms, bell peppers and broccoli. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in snow peas.
- Stir in spaghetti and soy sauce mixture, and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Optional: Add baked or stir fried tofu for a more substantial dish.