These are great for entertaining and or just a nice appetizer if you are a lover of all things potato. I don’t remember the last time I had sour cream since I always use greek yogurt instead. I think it tastes better (honestly). If you prefer sour cream, however, which is what the original recipe calls for, definitely use it.
recipe been adapted from smitten kitchen
one large russet potato sliced into half inch thick slices
2 tbsp butter
4 tbsp grated cheddar cheese
salt and peper
2-3 tbsp greek yogurt
2 tbsp minced chives
– Line baking sheet with cold butter (spread butter onto sheet)
– Place potato slices on baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper
– Bake for 30 minutes or less, once the potatoes are slightly brown and sizzling
– Add shredded cheddar to each slice and bake for additional 1-2 minutes
– Once out of the oven, add a small dollop of greek yogurt to each slice
– Sprinkle chives on top and serve immediately!