This is seriously good, so flavorful and hearty. Don’t worry if you’re not a quinoa lover- I’m not either, or thought I wasn’t, because after having this I will forever try all things quinoa:) Dinner was on the table in 20 minutes, which is definitely a huge plus for me.
The best part- it’s good for you! Give it a try:)
Recipe adapted from damndelicous.net
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup shredded mexican blend cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and jalapeno, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in quinoa, vegetable broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, chili powder and cumin; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until quinoa is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Stir in avocado, shredded cheese, lime juice and cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
Option: This is delicious on its own or served inside hard shelled tacos.